At Ellis Medicine, we want to do everything possible to ensure that our patients get better quickly and safely. So we ask that you honor these guidelines when visiting a loved one or friend.
When You Visit
There are no set visiting hours. We encourage family and friends to visit for as long as you wish. We only ask that you respect others’ privacy and keep conversations quiet.
For the safety of our patients:
- Please do not visit if you are feeling ill
- Wash your hands to prevent the spread of infection
- Do not touch any medical devices in a patient’s room
- We encourage you to visit between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Specific units, such as our critical care unit, may have other guidelines for visitors that staff will explain to you. If you have any questions about visiting protocol, please contact the manager on the patient floor.
We suggest no children younger than 12. Children MUST be supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES.
Step Out for Care
You may be asked to leave the room for brief periods of time while your friend or loved one receives care, testing, etc.
Flu Season Visitor Restrictions
To minimize our patients’ infection risks during flu season, Ellis Medicine strongly encourages the following:
- Visitors with respiratory symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath), rash, and/or diarrhea should not visit.
- Children 12 and under are asked not to visit.
- All visitors should use the waterless hand cleanser before entering and upon leaving the room.
Thank you for helping us keep our patients safe.