The Belanger School of Nursing administers a number of scholarships provided by the school and various community based organizations. These scholarships vary in amount and are based on a variety of eligibility factors, including grade point average, financial need and residency of the applicant. The scholarships administered are:
- Laura S. Auer Scholarship
- Bessie Lillian Blanchard Scholarship
- Lurline Belanger Cummings Scholarship
LAURA S. AUER
The Auer Scholarship was established subsequent to a bequest to The Belanger School of Nursing by Laura S. Auer. It is a full tuition scholarship awarded annually to a first year student upon enrollment.
Requirements for application include:
- Acceptance to The Belanger School of Nursing.
- Application by submission of an essay of 1000 words or less stating attributes and accomplishments which qualify the applicant for the award. Accomplishments could include academic and/or personal achievements and participation in community activities. The essay must be received at the School by June 1.
- A personal interview. Interviews will be scheduled during the last two weeks of June.
Award decision is made by faculty of the School. Academic achievement is a valued criterion for selection. It will be determined by faculty review of the applicant's high school, GED, and/or college transcripts as well as standardized scores such as SAT or ACT.
The Scholarship will remain in effect throughout the awardees enrollment based on upholding of standards and policies of The Belanger School of Nursing.
An application for the Auer Scholarship may be obtained by contacting The Belanger School of Nursing Financial Aid Office at 518-243-4473.
BESSIE LILLIAN BLANCHARD
A bequest was received by The Belanger School of Nursing in August 1997 from the estate of Nathaniel Blanchard to establish a scholarship for nursing students with financial need. The Scholarship is named in honor of his wife, Bessie Lillian Blanchard.
The Blanchard Scholarship is offered for one semester in each year of the curriculum. First year students are eligible for the Spring semester of the first year. Second year students are eligible for the Fall semester of the second year. The award, up to $300.00, may be used for textbooks and/or supplies. Disbursement will follow successful completion of the preceding semester/session.
Requirements for application include:
- Submission of a short essay of approximately 100 words stating why you should be considered a candidate for this award.
- First year students must submit the essay by November 15 to be eligible for the Spring semester award.
- Students completing the first year must apply by August 1 to be eligible for the award presented for the Fall semester of the second year.
- Financial need
- A CGPA of 2.67 or above
- Application each year
Award decision is made by The Belanger School of Nursing faculty.
Additional information regarding this scholarship, including an application, may be obtained by contacting The Belanger School of Nursing Financial Aid Office at 518.243.4473.
LURLINE BELANGER CUMMINGS
The Lurline Belanger Cummings Scholarship is awarded annually to two students entering their second year of study. The award for each student is $1,000 which may be used for any educational expenses.
The criteria for selection of the recipients are:
- Student who has completed all first year academic requirements.
- Financial Need.
- CGPA at or above 3.0
The application for this scholarship is available in the Registrar's Office. Applications must be returned to the chairperson of Admissions and Evaluations Committee by August 1. Award decisions are made by full Faculty. The recipient will be notified before the beginning of the Fall Semester.
The recipient of the award should review the content in the catalog "Financial Aid Recipients Rights and Responsibilities." Additional information regarding this scholarship, including an application, may be obtained by contacting The Belanger School of Nursing Financial Aid Office at 518.243.4473.
To learn more about The Belanger School of Nursing, please call 518.243.4471.