Women and Heart Disease
Let's Beat Women's Heart Disease Together
One in three women die from heart disease - ten times more than breast cancer .Yet many women aren't aware of their risk or that heart disease is the number one killer of American women.
Know the Symptoms
Symptoms of heart disease in women can be subtle and range from unusual fatigue, shortness of breath and neck pain to nausea and chest pain.
Heart Attack Symptoms for Women
- Extreme fatigue
- Chest pain, pressure
- Dizziness and light-headedness
- Shortness of breath
- Profuse sweating
- Severe heartburn
If you experience any of these symptoms, call 9-1-1.
The good news is heart disease can be prevented or treated if detected early with a simple screening. Ellis Medicine's Women & Heart Disease program offers a comprehensive screening to assess your risk. This simple screening can save your life. Here's what you can expect:
- a complete an evaluation to assess your risk for heart disease that includes personal and family history;
- results from your risk assessment by the end of your appointment;
- education on how to live a more heart healthy lifestyle (proper diet, exercise, reducing stress and no smoking);
- a referral, only if needed, to specialists (e.g., cardiologist, nutritionist, diabetes educator), for further evaluation and/or treatment.
Ellis' Women & Heart Disease Program screening costs $25 and is offered at:
Bellevue Woman’s Center
Neil and Jane Golub Breast & Heart Health Center
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am-3:00 pm
1201 Nott Street Medical Arts Building
Community Wellness Program, Suite 304
Mondays and Fridays, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Call 243.3333 today to make your appointment.